lyphardmelody_sm

Tham gia ngày: Nov 2006
Tuổi: 34
Số bài viết: 630
Tiền: 25
lyphardmelody_sm is on a distinguished road
Default Ðề: Ảnh làm nao lòng

[IMG]http://img151.images****.us/img151/7043/aguilerahellweg1999qr8.jpg[/IMG]

An experimental – and controversial – procedure for treating a crippling birth defect in the womb offered Trish and Mike Switzer the only chance that their daughter would walk like other children. But the fetal surgery posed a fatal dilemma: Their baby could die before she was born.
Photographer Max Aguilera saiud about this photo: “During a spina bifida corrective procedure at twenty-one weeks in utero, Samuel thrusts his tiny hand out of the surgical opening of his mother’s uterus. As the doctor lifts his hand, Samuel reacts to the touch and squeezes the doctor’s finger. As if testing for strength, the doctor shakes the tiny fist. Samuel held firm. At that moment, I took this “Fetal Hand Grasp” photo.
As a photojournalist, my job is to tell stories through pictures. The experience of taking this photograph has had a profound effect on me, and I’m proud to share this moment with you”
I’m not really sure about this but from what i remember, after this picture abortions were banned in UK. Please correct me if i’m wrong.
Photographer: Max Aguilera-Hellweg
Source: outofrange.net