PDA

View Full Version : Getting Results for Dummies

toi&m
01-01-1970, 07:00 AM
INTRODUCTION
Everyone wants to get better results. Who hasn't heard ( or said), "Gee, I wish I could..." or "Why can't I..."? For most people, chaos and confusion permeate everyday life, creating a great deal of stress and a lot of unnecessary anxieties. Taking control seems daunting. The classic response is , "I wish I could get more done, but there are just so many things going on, and I'm pulled in so many different directions by so many different people that my schedule is out of my control."
If you've ever uttered those words or thought that way, this book is for you. This book can keep you from being overwhelmed or out of control and help you accomplish all of your personal and business goals.

Becoming more organized in your work, your home, and your everyday life not only makes you more efficient and productive but also frees your mind of anxiety and changes your life for the better. Rather than being scattered and overwhelmed, you can be happier, and perhaps healthier. Relationships at home and at work will improve as other people notice your promptness, and the control you display over your life will bring you both joy and a sense of accomplishment. The more organized you are, the more manageable your home, your business, and your life become. And who doesn't want that?

At some point, everyone has felt the panic that disorganiztion brings: the racing heartbeat as you sit in traffice while a meeting you're supposed to attend gets underway; the breathless apologies you utter to friends as you arrive late for an engagement; the anger you heap on yourself when you forget a task, a phone cal, or even an item at the grocery store.

The reactions are natural, even reasonable. They are also unhealthy. Your blood pressure and heart rate go up, your patience goes down, your mind races, and before you know if you're driving faster and more recklessly than normal, you're rude to strangers, and your day is, for all practical purposes, ruined. The dominos begin to fall as you let one disorganized fiasco spill over and contaminate other activities you have planned. Before you know it, the day is over and you're exhausted. Your schedule has been hectic, but you have little to show for your efforts. You're tired, but you have no sense of closure; no satisfaction that comes from completing your goals. You're anxious, and in some cases you take that open-ended anxiety to bed with you. Sleep is fifful, if it comes at all, and in no time the next day is upon you, and the cycle starts again.

It doesn't have to be that way. Contrary to what some people believe, achievers aren't born organized and prompt. It isn't genetic, nor is it a divinely inspired talent. Organization and time-management are learned traits; habits that can become just as natural as tying your shoes or brushing your teeth. There are no magic formulas, no pills or drugs to take, and no hypnosis or meditations. Just a few simple principles coupled with tasks that can be practiced and mastered.

WHERE TO GO FROM HERE

You're holding this book because you want to get better results in your career and in your life. Each minute you spend readin this text should move you claser to that goal. If, for some reason, you become distracted by outside influences, put this book down, tend the matter before you, and start reading again only when can focus on the information here. But keep those distractions to a minimum. If you find that you don't have time to read the chapters in this book that apply to your situation - that too many people require too many things for you to finish - park yourself in a room, lock the door, and turn the page. For your own well-being, embark on the journey toward achievement.
Phần trên được trích từ cuốn Getting Results for Dummies bỏ túi - 80 trang.
Để đọc cuốn nguyên bản dày 312 mời bạn xem
Getting Results for Dummies (http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesTitle/productCd-0764552058.html)

toi&m
01-01-1970, 07:00 AM
CHAPTER 1 THE BASICS OF GETTING RESULTS

The basics of results-oriented activities are simple. If you want to get better results, you must follow these steps:
1. Prioritize every action and activity you undertake.
2. Compartmentalize everything you do in order to remain focused on the task at hand.
3. Maximize your time and energy to move toward your goals
Mastering Your Priorities
Before any organized action can be taken, you must have a list of priorities. Here's how:
1. Stop reading, take out a note card, and list the things you need to accomplish within the next three or four hours.
2. Go back through your list and put a number by each item to denote the order of importance.
3. Cut the list in half
This is hard part. There's no way you're going to do everything on your list in the time you've alloted. You aren't goign to complete some of the things, or you're going to finish them late.