PDA

View Full Version : Tốn 20 triệu $ cho cuộc thi hoa hậu...

TheDeath
15-07-2008, 08:53 AM
US entrant, Crystle Stewart, falls flat at Miss Universe
London Times 15-7-08
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article4330811.ece

For the second year in succession, the American entrant in the Miss Universe pageant failed to meet the crucial challenge of walking and smiling at the same time.

Crystle Stewart, from Texas, tripped and fell on stage at the global beauty contest today, just as Miss USA did last year. She failed to make the final, which was won by Miss Venezuela, a former kidnap victim.

Dayana Mendoza, 22, who burst into tears when she was declared the winner, was upholding Venezuela’s proud history of beauty pageant dominance.

The South American country boasts four previous Miss Universe winners and five Miss Worlds. The “pageant superpower” has thousands of local beauty contests every year in its schools, villages and even prisons.
<!--#include file="m63-article-related-attachements.html"--><!-- BEGIN: Module - M63 - Article Related Attachements --><script type="text/javascript"> <!-- function pictureGalleryPopup(pubUrl,articleId) { var newWin = window.open(pubUrl+'template/2.0-0/element/pictureGalleryPopup.jsp?id='+articleId+'&&offset=0&&sectionName=World','mywindow','menubar=0,resizable =0,width=615,height=655'); } //--></script><!-- BEGIN: Comment Teaser Module --><!-- END: Module - M63 - Article Related Attachements --><!-- Call Wide Article Attachment Module --><!--TEMPLATE:call file="wideArticleAttachment.jsp" /-->

America’s recent history in the Miss Universe pageant is less salubrious. Ms Stewart’s fall this year was almost identical to the now-infamous incident in last year’s eveningwear section of the competition.

Contestants are expected to walk across stage wearing evening gowns and high heels but Ms Stewart slipped as she attempted to descend two steps on the platform in a purpose-built arena in Vietnam.

Rachel Smith was the reining Miss USA and the American entrant in the contest 12 months ago. She too buckled and fell to the ground in the demanding eveningwear round.

The competition, which organisers claim was watched by almost a billion viewers, was compered by Mel B, a former member of the Spice Girls, but the honour of announcing the winner fell to Jerry Springer, the American television host.

After his announcement Riyo Mori, last year’s champion from Japan, handed the crown, made of white and yellow gold and precious stones to Ms Mendoza.

“I am excited. I cried a lot. I am really glad I made it,” said the 57th winner of the title, who was the victim off an “express kidnapping" in Venezuela 18 months ago. “It’s something that happens in my country. You don’t even have to have money to be kidnapped ... That’s why I wanted to raise my voice and tell the world that violence is not the answer."

After celebrating at home with her family, she will spend her year-long reign travelling the world to speak out on humanitarian issues.

The annual Miss Universe pageant was first held in Long Beach, California, in 1952. It was taken over in 1996 by Donald Trump, a US real estate mogul.

This year’s event cost Vietnam nearly $20 million (£10million), including $7 million building a new resort and convention centre to host the pageant.

DeMen
15-07-2008, 09:10 AM
It cost 300.000 USD to "bring" VN to the world through CNN, 30s a day in 3 months = 30 x 3 x 30 = 270s = 4 minutes 30 seconds

Now it cost 20.000.000 USD (66 times higher) to bring VN to the world in hours through a much more effective channel.

Which is more expensive?

vodanh
15-07-2008, 09:45 AM
bác TheDeath là dân kinh tế nhưng lại tính già hóa non, không hẳn nhiên chính phủ lại chịu chi tiền cho cuộc thi Hoa Hậu lần này và 2010 nữa, chi một cách đáng ngạc nhiên cho 1 đất nước như Việt Nam.

TheDeath
15-07-2008, 10:22 AM
bác TheDeath là dân kinh tế nhưng lại tính già hóa non, không hẳn nhiên chính phủ lại chịu chi tiền cho cuộc thi Hoa Hậu lần này và 2010 nữa, chi một cách đáng ngạc nhiên cho 1 đất nước như Việt Nam.

Có tin hay, gởi cho mọi người đọc thôi, TD đâu có bình luận gì đâu? :-P

phanphuong
15-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Có tin mà không bình lựng, mất vui! ;)
Theo mình thì 20 triệu đô để quảng bá Việt Nam cũng đáng. Thời đại marketing đã tới... Việt Nam rồi! hehe...