PDA

View Full Version : Warmly welcome all ur comments and ideas here

lyphardmelody_sm
03-07-2008, 11:38 AM
to all my dears ! :x
Let us know what u want !
Let us know what u need !
Let us know ur problems !
Let us know ur comments as well as valuable ideas in order to help our club be better :x

Hope that we'd hear all ur thoughts n try our best to make everthing be alright :x

Just express what u're thinking about ( including ur feelings ) , u're always warmly welcomed here :x
From lil' turtle with love :x

fossor
03-07-2008, 11:44 AM
Want to open talking club. Need to talk. Talking's my problem. :D

lyphardmelody_sm
03-07-2008, 12:03 PM
Want to open talking club. Need to talk. Talking's my problem. :D

I see what u mean Fossor ! Not only u but many English- leaners meet lots of dificulties involved in speaking ! We're considering to create one speaking club but the biggest problems now are time n place ! However , u can go to many English centers and ask some information about English speaking clubs on saturday n sunday while we're on the way fouding our own club! So pity but I hope u'll find sth interesting n exciting from those clubs , dear !

conangdongdanh
03-07-2008, 12:30 PM
I like English so much, but I prefer Vietnamese song to English song :-s although i know listen to English song is one of the good ways to improve our E. Must I force myself to do it? :-/
@Rua: Could i know what your sign stands for? :)
Thanks

DeMen
03-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Me too. I'd like English but I'd love Chinese & Japanese song :D

DeMen
03-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Not only u but many English- leaners meet lots of dificulties involved in speaking !
why do u use "involved" here? why not "difficulties in speaking"? could u tell me the role of "involved" in this case?

nhk
03-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Nowadays, we use chitchat-like English words such as “u”(you), “ur”(your), “n” (and) in our online chat conversations, text messages, etc…However, formal English is still used at work and at professional events. This is our English Club; therefore, we can have our own way. Either we use chit-chat English languages in writing for the fun at the moments or we can start learning to write formal English. We are tempted and can not resist using chit-chat English languages because it is cool to write like that. However, we need to look beyond the fun at the moments and start striving for long term goals in meaningful ways. The participants in this English Club box could be high school students or college students or professionals in different fields. And each person has a different level of English proficiency. Therefore, for the sake of English learning, I think we should encourage users in this box to write English in ways that help themselves and others be better at English writing and avoid or minimize chit-chat English languages if possible. Of course, we are here to learn and make friends. No one is perfect. We will make spelling and grammar errors here and there. But we will learn from our mistakes. That’s how we learn and get better. So have fun, be respectful, do not laugh at others’ mistakes, point out the mistakes in sincere tones to help others and learn yourselves. Welcome, everyone! Finally and by the way, my co-workers call me “Kahn” and I have a son named Edward. What’s your name?

lyphardmelody_sm
03-07-2008, 02:06 PM
I like English so much, but I prefer Vietnamese song to English song :-s although i know listen to English song is one of the good ways to improve our E. Must I force myself to do it? :-/
@Rua: Could i know what your sign stands for? :)
Thanks

I do agree with u that listening to Eng song is a very good way to improve ur skill, esp. listening n even speaking ( coz u may sing along those songs :-P ) ! But to me , just do anything u want to learn Eng , not to force ursefl coz u'll get bored with things that may not attract u much , sooner or later :) ! There're many ways to learn English ,learn it ur own way ( I mean comfortable n interesting ones ) ! I must accept that listening to Eng songs is my usual way to practice my skill , so, it's up to u to make ur clear choice n hope that u'll succeed :)
PS : so sorry but I just wanna keep my sign in private :)

lyphardmelody_sm
03-07-2008, 02:26 PM
why do u use "involved" here? why not "difficulties in speaking"? could u tell me the role of "involved" in this case?

U're right when using " difficulties in speaking " , it must be shorter than my way , it's just a matter of saying ! I juz wanna emphasize those difficulties by using adj clause ! It must be " difficulties which are involved in / connected with speaking " :) So , say it ur way to make everyone understand u ! Are u satisfied ? :)

DeMen
03-07-2008, 03:28 PM
ok, I don't think that wrong, but it's a little strange to me so I feel a little more difficult to understand. I wonder if it has any other special meaning!

I am beginning to love this box, hehe

Hien Vu
03-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Hi,

It's really a nice surprise once i saw this box,no dout this one will be developed rapidly in the soonnest time . Cause as far as i know there are alot of member of our forum waiting for such kind of box long time ago.

Do hope that the moderator will pay much attention to take care of the box as well as help others improve english skill day by day.

Last, thank you all & i totally agree with below ideas of NHK :

"So have fun, be respectful, do not laugh at others’ mistakes, point out the mistakes in sincere tones to help others and learn yourselves"

lyphardmelody_sm
03-07-2008, 05:20 PM
One day has passed and I realize that our English club has received many valuable comments and ideas,thank all of u guys too much ! With this potential beginning , hope that this will be your favourite place to come whenever u're online!

Pay us a visit n enjoy your time here , dears !
From lil' turtle with love :x

phanphuong
03-07-2008, 05:58 PM
My English is very TERRIBLE.
Anyway, want to improve English, try to learn English! :))

cobemongmo
04-07-2008, 09:43 AM
My English is very TERRIBLE.
Anyway, want to improve English, try to learn English! :))
My speaking skill is terible too:-s, so i hope in future i can improve it.
I suggest in future we need have offline for talking. It's the same english club.:inlove:
Besides that we must have more topic for disscusion, from simple to diffcult.

I just have some ideas, hope can make this club is more exciting. :redface:

conangdongdanh
04-07-2008, 10:28 AM
I do agree with cobemongmo

Let's think, what is the first topic? :-/

cobemongmo
04-07-2008, 11:01 AM
I do agree with cobemongmo
Let's think, what is the first topic? :-/

This is topic "Introduce yourself". It's simlpe but not simple :-P http://http://www.lqd-longan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5472

lyphardmelody_sm
04-07-2008, 01:43 PM
I suggest in future we need have offline for talking. It's the same english club.:inlove:

Thanks for your comment , as I told Fossor , our biggest problems right now is time and place then we can found our offline speaking club.So we just can dissuss topics in this forum temporarily,hope u'll sympathize to us n have nice time here :x

Lestat
05-07-2008, 07:57 PM

You know, in my opinion, the only way we can do to improve our speaking skill is to talk to native people. Although we can talk to our friends there are surely many differences between our way of speaking and theirs. And listening skill has the same problem. It is said that you shouldnt listen to the news on the Tv made by Vietnamese reporters. if you do so for a long time you wont be enable to recognize any words when you listen to native speakers. But i dont refute the important role of practicing speaking in English with friends despite the not-very-much result it'll bring.

DeMen
05-07-2008, 09:43 PM
I agree with you Lestat. At least when facing to a foreigner we are forced to speak English :D. In my case communicating with foreigners is not a very difficult task, but with Vietnamese I hardly say anything even the most simple stuff:(

conangdongdanh
15-07-2008, 10:59 AM
I'd like to stand in front of the mirror and talk to myself.:D Is that a way to practise E? :-/

DeMen
15-07-2008, 12:54 PM
I remember a hotboy in my university sharing the same experience: every morning, before going to school, he stood contemplating himself in the mirror, practising speaking English for about 5 - 10 minutes. I have never practised this way, but I think it is effective, because this guy was well known all over my university for his excellent academic result (and of course, for his beauty and his singing voice:">)

Lestat
17-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Surely it is a good way to develop self-confidence.