PDA

View Full Version : The new year is coming.

congvu
31-12-2010, 11:44 AM
The new year is coming. It means we are being one year older. Should we be sad or happy? Maybe it depends on individuals. People have different views on happiness. Could you tell me what happiness is?

To practice writing English, could you discuss this topic and correct any mistakes in other members' writing that you find? Thank you very much. :lightbulb::lightbulb::lightbulb:

myhanh
31-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Happiness is a voyage but a target.
If at every moment, you peck at your life , you can feel every second pass.
In this second you know what you do, what you think, what you hope. I think that you are very happy.

congvu
31-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Are you a Buddhist? I think your thought is contributed to by Zen of Buddhism.

Maybe happiness is the psychological mood that we experience when our need is satisfied. For example, a boy looking forward to his close friend's email will feel happy when he receives the mail. Therefore, happiness does not mean wealth. The poor will be happy if they have money because they need money. In contrast, the rich with serious disease may not be happy when they earn lots of money because they would rather be healthy than wealthy.

myhanh
31-12-2010, 11:36 PM
I am a computer programmer. I am very happy whenever I can solve a problem in programming. I feel to adore myself. This is a motivation make me improve myself everyday and I also love my occupation very much.